Neighborhood Accelerator Program
The Neighborhood Acceleration Program is designed to fast-track participants with the necessary financial knowledge and resources to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. Participants will engage in a educational and interactive programs that will cover a variety of topics including Financial Literacy Education and Credit Management, Personal Finance Goals and Investing, Home Ownership and Financial Planning.
Financial Education & Comprehension highlighting making money decisions, management, credit, and debt mechanic and fundamentals.
Personal Finance covers the various skills and practices necessary to maintain personal financial records and management of cash flows across large ranges of ages and lifestyles. Seminar participants will review financial goals, budgeting, personal investment, saving and spending plans, retirement strategies, benefits, and life insurance.
Homes: Asset or Liability covers Home Ownership, the myths and truths of owning a home, the various methods to purchase homes and financial requirements, cost and financial benefits associated with homeownership.
- Enabling people to understand what is needed to achieve a lifestyle that is financially balanced, sustainable, ethical and responsible.
- Helping low-income people make the most of what they are able to save and help them avoid the high cost charged for financial transactions by non-financial institutions.
- Providing families the tools to acquire the discipline to save for their own home and/or for their children’s education.
- Young adults beginning their working lives are given the basic tools for budgeting and saving so that expenses and debt can be kept controlled.
- Skills to provide for yourself and family, your attitude to money and investment, as well as your contribution to your community.
Seminar Segment Schedule
Financial Education & Comprehension | This Seminar is a two-part lecture series, highlighting making money decisions, management, credit and debt mechanic and fundamentals.
First Cohort Saturday, September 18, 2021 at noon
It’s My Money, and I Want It Now - June 13th - 9:00am-12:00pm
Veteran Money Works - June 13th - 9:00am-12:00pm
Homes: Asset or Liability | This Seminar covers Home Ownership, the myths and truths of owning a home, the various methods to purchase homes and financial requirements, cost and financial benefits associated with home ownership.
Home Sweet Home - June 20th - 9:00am-12:00pm